Join Huron County Economic Development for the Huron County Tourism Summit, featuring two virtual half-day sessions led by tourism industry experts. Register for ONE or BOTH days:
- Monday, January 25 from 1:30 – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 26 from 9:00 – 11:30 am
Each of the days will include interactive breakout sessions, as well as updates from Huron County Economic Development and Regional Tourism Organization 4 (RTO4). Registration is free.
About this Event
January 25, 2021 (1:30-4:00pm)
Led by William Bakker (Destination Think)
Sponsored by Community Futures Huron
- Keynote: William Bakker of Destination Think will provide a keynote on tourism market trends with a focus on the tourism landscape, pre-COVID, and post-COVID. Hear about destinations that are re-imagining themselves post-COVID towards a goal of re-building, with both the economy and environment in mind.
- Breakout Session: The breakout session will discuss how stakeholders in Huron County’s tourism sector can contribute towards a successful recovery from COVID-19, and how can we work together as an industry to achieve success.
About Destination Think
Destination Think’s unique style of agency combines strategy, research, data and creative execution services, specializing in serving Destination Marketing Organizations. Today, they are a globally recognized leader in destination marketing, having transformed some of the world’s most admired (and off-the beaten-path) destination brands with solutions that are innovative, useful, simple and engaging. Think’s wealth of knowledge and groundbreaking innovation has positioned the team as thought-leaders at the pinnacle of the destination marketing industry.
January 26, 2021 (9:00-11:30am)
Led by Chris Hughes (BC Hughes)
Sponsored by FedDev Ontario
- Keynote: Chris Hughes of BC Hughes will give a keynote on the advantages of rural tourism and how operators can use this advantage to match shifting tourism trends.
- Breakout Session: The breakout session will highlight the key elements needed to develop effective touring routes and will encourage operators on ways they can adjust their own tourism experiences to become part of a regionally themed touring rote.
About BC Hughes
A boutique consulting firm located outside of Owen Sound, BC Hughes works with cool clients across the country. Specializing in tourism experience development, with extensive background in strategic planning and marketing, BC Hughes likes to dig deep to understand the unique selling propositions of the client they’re working with, then crafts the best strategic and creative solutions to meet their goals. Because they love to market the experiences they help to develop, BC Hughes understands what is needed both strategically and tactically to ensure impact.