Community Futures Huron is a federally supported not-for-profit Community Futures Development Corporation with a volunteer Board of Directors and professional staff whose purpose is to support community economic development and small business growth through business loans.
Community Futures Development Corporations across southern Ontario are here to help small businesses impacted by COVID-19 that have been unable to access other federal support.
Applications are open for the new Regional Relief and Recovery Fund through Community Futures Huron.
The following are the guidelines to be utilized in the review of applications for the RRRF:
- RRRF loans are meant to help small businesses with ongoing operating costs (rent, wages, utilities, taxes, etc.) for a 4-MONTH PERIOD.
- Maximum assistance for the Emergency Loan Fund under this program is $40,000* (* credit check is required).
- 0% interest rate and no principal payments until December 31, 2022.
- Principal repayments can be voluntarily made at any time.
- 25% (not to exceed $10,000) of any loan can be forgiven provided the recipient has paid 75% of the original loan amount prior to December 31, 2022.
- If the recipient is unable to repay the loan by December 31, 2022, the loan will be converted to a three-year term loan with interest rates up to 5%, effective January 1, 2023. The full balance must be repaid no later than December 31, 2025.
- No application deadline, applications will be accepted until funding pool is depleted.
Eligible Applicants must meet these following requirements:
- Established prior to March 1, 2020.
- Impacted adversely due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Viable and not experiencing financial pressures or other financial difficulties prior to March 1, 2020.
- Have attempted to access other federal or provincial relief supports and were ineligible, rejected or require funding for expenses in excess of support already received with priority given to applicants who were ineligible or rejected from other federal and provincial relief supports.
- Sign an owner’s personal guarantee.
- Complete the loan application and provide personal financial statement, 2019 financial statements (in-house financial statements are acceptable if you have not filed), first quarter financial statements (January to March 2020), and a projected cash-flow for a 4-month period.
- Corporate and Personal Income Tax filing must be up to date.
- Provide a copy of the Master Business Licence or Incorporation papers
Eligible businesses must be located in the following municipalities in order to apply through Community Futures Huron:
- Central Huron
- Huron East
- North Huron
- South Huron
What happens once a loan is approved?
- Loan Agreement and documentation is prepared and provided to you for review and signature.
- Following receipt of executed loan agreement and documentation, the loan will be advanced.
You will need to make the following Attestation:
I attest that I and/or my business has not received support through the following federal support measures in the last year:
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP);
- Canadian Emergency Business Account (CEBA);
- Canadian Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA), or other rent relief provided through our organization’s landlord;
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS);
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Temporary 10% Wage Subsidy;
- Service Canada Work-sharing program;
- National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) Wage Subsidy;
- Indigenous Business Support Loans;
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) Co-Lending Program for Small Businesses; or
- Other federal or provincial programs,
Further, I attest that I have not received support from, the Regional Relief and Recovery Funds (RRRF) as administered by the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario), or any other Regional Development Agency (RDA) in Canada.
ONLINE APPLICATION OPEN
Instructions for application form
Please follow the step-by-step instructions in the 5-page application. The application will guide you through page by page.
After you complete each page of the application, please click on the ‘Next’ button to proceed to the next page. Once you have completed the questions on the final page, please click the ‘Submit’ button. The form will then take you to a confirmation page where you can download your application as a receipt.
If you would like to confirm your RRRF loan application submission, please email Sharlene Bolen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if you’d like to reach out to us at this time with any questions regarding the RRRF loan application, please contact Paul Nichol, General Manager at 226-889-8256 or email email@example.com.