FROM HURON COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – Working in partnership with Huron County, RTO4 will be implementing the Tourism Adaptation and Recovery Program to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs’) and not-for-profits (NFPs’) in the tourism and hospitality or arts and culture sectors by supporting one-time adaptation and re-opening costs incurred to continue operating post-Covid-19.
There are two streams available:
- Physical Adaptation Stream:
- SMEs can apply for up to $20,000 per business towards implementation of health and safety protocols and/or renovations or equipment to accommodate social distancing. A minimum 20% match is required.
- Technology Investment Stream:
- Eligible SMEs can apply for $5,000 for digitizing businesses or services such as virtual queues, online ordering, timed entry ticketing, touch-free payments.
- Labour (Labour directly related to the project only.)
- Funds applied for can include retroactive expenses starting in June 2020 (retroactive)
Please review the application guides attached. Eligible businesses and organizations are encouraged to apply by February 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
Tourism Adaptation and Recovery Application – click here!
Technology Investment Program Application – click here!